Since we’re all about non-surgical cosmetic procedures at Saltz Spa Vitoria, we thought you might be interested to see where your favorite procedures stacked up in the latest 2014 aesthetic procedures worldwide. The statistics were released on July 9 and are courtesy of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). Dr. Saltz is president-elect of ISAPS.
In 2014, the United States led the world in non-surgical cosmetic procedures, with 24.4% of the worldwide total. That equated to 2,581,551 procedures. Second most was Japan with 933,953, 8.8% of the total; Brazil was third with 715,212, 6.8% of the total.
So, when you’re considering having a chemical peel or Botox session at Saltz Spa Vitoria, you’re not alone!
These are the Top 10 non-surgical procedures worldwide from 2014:
- Botulinum toxin (Botox, etc.) — 4,830,911 (45.6%)
- Hyaluronic acid (Juvederm, etc.) — 2,690,633 (25.4%)
- Hair removal — 1,277,581 (12.1%)
- Chemical peel — 493,043 (4.7%)
- Laser skin resurfacing — 480,271 (4.5%)
- Microdermabrasion — 366,698 (3.5%)
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse, etc.) — 194,709 (1.8%)
- Sclerotherapy — 101,721 (1.0%)
- Dermabrasion — 83,443 (0.8%)
- Poly-l-lactic acid (Sculptra, etc.) — 72,495 (0.7%)
In the battle of the sexes for non-surgical cosmetic procedures, it was no contest really. Worldwide women accounted for 87% of the total, men only 13%. For both sexes, botulinum toxin was king, doubling and nearly doubling, respectively, hyaluronic acid fillers in men and women.
So, what are you waiting for? Trust the Intermountain West’s first medical spa, Saltz Spa Vitoria for any aesthetic non-surgical procedure you need.