If you’ve ever had abdominal surgery before, including a c-section, you understand how difficult recovery can be. However, for those that have never experienced this long period of bouncing back – we have a few tips to offer.
First and foremost, you need to understand that tummy tuck surgery will take months to fully recover from. This doesn’t mean that you will not leave the house or return to normal activities during those months, but you may be surprised about your limitations during that time. For instance, you should not plan to drive anywhere for 2-3 weeks following surgery.
Other tips to prepare include the following:
- Keep your house extra clean to avoid post-surgery colds and infections – but find someone else to clean for you!
- Stock up on groceries and household products in advance and then prepare your foods ahead of time. Freezer meals or take out can be very helpful during the first weeks of recovery.
- Stay hydrated and avoid foods with a high sodium content.
- Arrange for child care if you have children that take a great deal of physical strength to care for.
- Ask for help when you need it and take time to mentally recover as well. Use those vacation days you’ve been saving and take advantage of some time in your sweats – you’ll want to show off soon enough.