When a person has thin, undefined lips he or she can seek to have their lips augmented to make them more, say, Angelina Jolie-esque. Over the years, lip augmentation has used collagen and fat injections, even silicone lip implants. But with the increasing availability of dermal fillers, Dr. Saltz almost exclusively uses them now to provide plumpness and volume to the lips. Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most effective and reliable.
What are hyaluronic acid fillers?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is responsible for hydrating and “plumping” the skin. Hyaluronic acid binds with water molecules to do this. That’s what makes these fillers perfect for the lips, as that hydration naturally plumps the lips.
Dr. Saltz primarily uses Restylane, Juvederm, and Perlane, but other hyaluronic acid fillers are known by these brand names: Belotero Balance, HylaForm, Elevess, Prevelle Silk, Captique.
Benefits of hyaluroic acid fillers in lip augmentation
Dr. Saltz uses hyaluronic acids fillers to add shape, structure, and volume to the lips. These are the benefits of these fillers:
- Control over volume — The amount of filler being injected can be precisely controlled to manage the increased volume.
- Gradual increase — So that the results don’t overwhelm, patients often opt to have very gradual increases made over a series of appointments, rather than a large increase all in one visit.
- Bumps dissolve — Because hyaluronic acid can be dissipated with an injection of an enzyme, bumps and lumps can be easily removed.
- Half-year results — Most hyaluronic acid filler results last for around six months.
- Less swelling and bruising — These fillers are gentler on the patient.
- Unlikely allergic reactions — Because hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in the human body, these fillers very rarely cause any sort of allergic reaction.
Want to have fuller, more luscious lips? Call us at either our Salt Lake City or Park City offices and schedule a lip augmentation consultation.