Lots of things seem to get slower as we age. Our hair growth slows. Our metabolism starts to crawl. Our purposeful walk becomes more of a shuffle. Even our skin cells don’t shed themselves with the same frequency as they did when we were young.
This buildup makes the skin wrinkled, blotchy and can give it a somewhat drab tone. A chemical peel with the team at Saltz Spa Vitoria can force some of those skin cells to shed again, rejuvenating the skin as it did in your younger days.
The goal is to remove the top layers of the skin, exposing unlined, new skin beneath; or to remove the skin and force the body to replace it with new, fresh skin.
What can be addressed with chemical peels?
- Decrease discoloration
- Reduce and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve skin tone
- Improve the appearance of minor scars
- Reduce the appearance of dark areas from pregnancy or birth control pills
- Treat certain forms of acne
- Decrease the prominence of sunspots and other sun damage
How do we do chemical peels at Saltz Spa Vitoria?
The concept behind a chemical peel is to apply a chemical to the skin (usually the face) and then allow that chemical to penetrate the layers of the skin, causing peeling in a few days.
At your appointment, your skin is first thoroughly cleaned, and your eyes and hair are protected. We then apply the chemical solution to your treatment areas. The solution and its duration on your skin are dependent on the patient’s individual skin conditions. We use glycolic, salicylic acid, or lactic acid. These acids are all naturally occurring in foods such as fruit or dairy products.
The peels we offer at Saltz Spa Vitoria
- Illuminize Peel by Skin Medica
- This light peel is right for you if you have photo-damaged skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Vitalize Peel by Skin Medica
- This medium peel is clinically proven to help pigmentation problems, skin texture, and tone.
- Rejuvenize Peel by Skin Medica
- The deepest peel we offer. This is suitable for all skin types and addresses moderate to severe skin issues.
- Pumpkin Peel
- This exfoliating and rejuvenating treatment uses natural pumpkin and contains a fruit acid and enzyme profile that decreases oxidative and free radical stress.
- PCA Esthetique Hydrating Peel
- The lightest of our peels, it improves skin texture and clarity while keeping the skin moist and hydrated.
- PCA Sensi Peel
- For extremely sensitive skin, this treatment helps reduce redness and inflammation, and it calms rosacea.
- PCA Exfoliating Peel
- Light- to medium-depth peel that effectively exfoliates, bleaches and inhibits pigmentation production, repairs and reduces breakouts, controls oil and softens fine lines.
- PCA Body Peel
- Provides nourishing ingredients that soften and hydrate the skin’s surface. Excellent for problem areas on the arms, legs, back, chest, hands, and feet.
Ready to help your exfoliation process along? Call us at our Park City or Salt Lake City Saltz Spa Vitoria locations for an appointment.