If you’re here on Dr. Saltz’s blog, you no doubt have heard of microneedling to improve and tighten the skin. You’ve probably also heard of various procedures that deliver radiofrequency energy onto the outer skin and down into the dermis to tighten the skin from within.
At Saltz Plastic Surgery, we’ve now combined the two treatments into Scarlet SRF. We’re pretty jazzed to add Scarlet SRF to our treatment menu, so let’s take November’s blogs and get into this great new skin rejuvenation option.
What is Scarlet SRF?
Scarlet SRF simply takes two established dermal anti-aging therapies — radiofrequency energy and microneedling — and combines them to increase the benefits. SRF stands for short-pulse radiofrequency energy. This energy is delivered through the tips of the system’s microneedling pins. That enables the RF energy to be delivered directly into the dermis layer of the skin, rather than having to first penetrate the epidermis.
Why does the RF energy have to get into the dermis?
Scarlet SRF delivers the RF energy through the epidermis into the dermis layer. Why is that important? Radiofrequency energy does nothing to improve the skin’s outer layer, the epidermis. It works its collagen boosting effects in the dermis. But to penetrate the epidermis without damaging the outer skin, the RF energy level must be diminished. Because Scarlet SRF delivers the short-pulse RF energy directly into the dermis, bypassing the epidermis, higher energy pulses can be used, which means better rejuvenation and skin tightening.
What aspects of Scarlet SRF are so innovative?
One of the reasons Dr. Saltz decided to add Scarlet SRF to his practice was due to its numerous innovations:
- Treatments can be delivered up to 25 percent faster
- Energy at 2MHz vs 1MHz provides a more comfortable treatment
- Delivers energy to the skin in intervals of less than 300 milliseconds
- Proven method for scalp tightening, which is key to addressing wrinkles, crow’s feet, and other aging issues
- Robotic motor provides optimal speed, easy needle insertion, less pain, and minimal downtime
- Patented microneedle electrodes are extremely thin and work with gentle pressure and optimal speed technology
- Linear robotic motor technology enables consistent, smooth needling with minimal bleeding for virtually painless treatment
In November’s second blog, we’ll get into more about what makes Scarlet SRF a great option for your skin tightening and rejuvenation. If you’d like to make a Scarlet SRF appointment, give us a call at our Salt Lake City office, (801) 274-9500, or our Park City office, (435) 655-6612.